Wednesday 23 July 2014

24 July

ENGLISH

Attached below is the video showing boys parading in their ethnic costumes. Only 3 boys from 3 Goodness turned up in their ethnic costume. I hope that the boys will put in more effort to participate in wearing their ethnic clothes next year. :)


On another note, I have informed the boys that for this term and next term, I won't be using the Little Red Dot during class time. However, they are highly encouraged to do any page from the newspaper and hand it in to me. I will mark it and return it to them personally. :)

Yesterday, the boys did their Writing Practice 8 in class. As I went round while they were writing the composition, I realised that some of them did not answer the question well. The question was about 'the most memorable present you have received'. Some either focussed more on writing about the birthday celebration/party they had instead of the present itself. Some did not write in first person. I hope that if the boys were to practise writing compositions at home, they will write about themselves instead of imaginary characters. This is because for term 3 and 4, all the composition will be about personal experiences. Even if they have never had that kind of experience, they need to make up a story and write it in first person. I will also remind the boys again in class today. 

Thank you and have a blessed day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment