Sunday 10 August 2014

11 August (part 2)

ENGLISH

Writing practice 9 was about 'the day you lost something'. Most of the boys did well for this composition. I was slightly lenient in my marking. I do not want them to feel demoralised and they cannot get good marks. Yet, I do not want them to be complacent and think that their composition is the best. I told them that this Writing Practice served as a practise for them before the real Amodes in week 8 or week 9. 

I want to especially applaud Jozef and Adam for writing good compositions. I will be sharing their compositions with the class. I am seeing improvements in some of the boys. They are now trying their best to express themselves more in their writing. I really hope that they keep this up. 

Dear parents, the writing amodes format will be similar to the writing practices that we have been doing so far. I highly encouraged the boys to firm up their style of writing the introduction and conclusion. They were also told to beef up their story with good vocabulary words. I have told the boys to write a minimum of at least one and a half pages in order to 'play safe' when writing their compositions. I do not want them to count word by word. 

For the weaker boys, I have been letting them look and copy model compositions. The better boys only needed to take down the good phrases from the model compositions.

I really hope that the boys apply what they have learnt and did so far, during the amodes and SA2. 

Thank you parents for guiding your sons. Let us keep pushing them to do their best. :)

Let's end off with this picture. :)



Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment